Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilene_in_neok

Seed Identification

ilene_in_neok
15 years ago

OK everybody, I know you can do this. I bought a packet of Shady wildflower mixture at Dollar General. Contents are supposed to be: BabyÂs breath, crimson clover (Trifolium incarnatum), corn flower, Chinese forget-me-not, DameÂs Rocket (Hesperis matronalis), Candytuft (Iberis sempervirens), Lance Leaved Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata), Rocket Larkspur, Sweet William Pinks, Baby Blue Eyes, Chinese Houses, Clarkia, Purple Coneflower, Corn Poppy, Baby Snap Dragon.

I found pictures of some of the seed on Dave's Plantfiles. But the others.... I have NO idea what seeds are for what plants, except maybe the long skinny ones are the coneflower. Any of you recognize any of this seed? I'm particularly interested in the crimson clover as I'd like to plant that someplace specific. I'm thinking it might be that little tiny seed, but the seed for the baby snap dragon is probably just as small. I've picked out the lance leaf coreopsis seed. I also think I know which are the Chineses Forget me nots and the Dame's rocket.

What say you? Are you up to the challenge?

--Ilene

Comments (2)