Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleveland County Wildfires/Evacuation

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 16:33

Multiple fires are being fought in central OK.

At this time, the most serious one near Slaughterville in Cleveland County has spurred evacuations in one area.

See the link for the latest evacuation news. At this time it is listed in the entry for 3:10 p.m.

If you have TV or internet access, KFOR's chopper is live streaming.

Here is a link that might be useful: WIldfire Info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Multiple Fires With Evacuations

There now are multiple fires with evacuations in various parts of OK. Refer to your local media sources for the latest.

I hope none of our forum members are in the path of these fires.

o
RE: Slaughterville Fire

For anyone who is wondering, I've been in touch with P-Mac and the Slaughterville fire is not close to their home at this time, nor is it moving toward them. Ken and Paula are watching the fire and monitoring the news reports. They are fine. (And I am so glad!)

Dawn

o
RE: Cleveland County Wildfires/Evacuation

Just saw that the town of Luther is on fire. They are evacuating the whole town. Greenacreslady (Suzie)? Are you okay? I know there are a couple of others out there but I can't think of their names!!!

Wind is about the shift to out of the southeast. Gulp.

P-mac (Paula)

o

I just turned the TV off. I can't take it any more. This is so awful.

Moni

o

Paula, That is just so awful. I hope Suzie and everyone else is okay.

I am still listening to Norman's scanner traffic and everyone is working so very hard to stop this fire. I am sure the crews at Luther are working just as hard. Fighting these fires in the current conditions is just almost impossible. Too hot. Too dry. Too windy.

If any of y'all want to listen to the scanner traffic, you can go to radioreference.com and click on Oklahoma, then on the scanner of your choice. I clicked on Norman to get Cleveland County.

Please remain vigilant tomorrow...and that applies to each and every one of us whether there are fires near us today or not. Tomorrow's conditions will be just as bad, and perhaps a little windier. If you see smoke or flames anywhere and do not know if fire units are already at that fire, then please call 9-1-1 to report it. The earlier that fire units are dispatched to a fire, they better their chances of extinguishing it before it can outrun then and get away from them.

I am praying for the safety of all involved. For all that we worry and fret about our plants, it is people, and the companion animals they love, that matter most at a time like this. Everything else can be replaced, but lives cannot be.

Dawn

o

This is just awful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here