Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Severe Thunderstorm Watch Southern OK Sunday

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 12 at 17:36

The NWS has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for a handful of counties in southern Oklahoma and also for some counties in Texas as well.

It is in effect until 11 p.m.

You can click on the link below to see the affected counties.

I've been hearing thunder, but it is south of us....on the wrong side of the river.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: NWS Website

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Severe Thunderstorm Watch Southern OK Sunday

We finally got some rain in Durant today, it was nice. This happened, of course, after I completely tore everything out of one of my gardens this afternoon. Oh well... we need rain more than I need anything out of my sun scorched garden.

o
RE: Severe Thunderstorm Watch Southern OK Sunday

Well, I copped an attitude today because it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep my daughter and my hair clean. It's the dust in the air and all over everything. One day I dust and the next it's covered again. Last week I had the most horrid migraine ever stemming from a dry sinus infection. Ok, patience has ended and there are, literally, storm clouds hovering over the house.

I walked outside looked up the storm cloud cover and yelled, "Get at it, will ya?!" Then I thought better. "But be nice about it, k?"

Then it briefly spit water on the ground as if to spite me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here