Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wifey2mikey

rain!

wifey2mikey
12 years ago

We didn't get much - but it was beautiful and wet and wonderful! :-)

~Laura

Comments (9)

• Adella Bedella
    12 years ago

We got some. Not sure how much. It sure looked scary coming in. Looks like we may get more. We sure need it.

• joellenh
    12 years ago

1/4" here in Jenks. It was HEAVEN, and gives me a blissful 2 day vacation from watering. :)

Jo

• wifey2mikey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's still sprinkling here at my house in S. Tulsa. Hoping it continues for a bit longer.

~Laura

• OklaMoni
    12 years ago

Sounds like Tulsa got more than OKC did last week. Good for you.

Moni

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    12 years ago

In my mind I have an idea of what the balance of lightning, thunder, and rain should be. We lost the balance last night. With one dog in the closet, and the other in the shower, we did not get too much rain.

However, when I go outside I no longer smell smoke!!! Our drought has been too long, and I really appreciate every drop we can get.

I hope it continues to visit us, and maybe the temperatures will drop a little.

Sammy

• p_mac
    12 years ago

I'm lucky to be in that NE part of Norman that has been getting some rain for about the last hour! There was even one flash of lightening and a clap of thunder!

I'm sitting at the computer with the French Door open listening to it rain on an August Sunday during the hottest summer in Oklahoma history. The hummers and other birds are flying around delirious! This is indeed a precious moment.

• redding
    12 years ago

We got patches . . . literally. My huge drive is dry except for a few blobs where it rained enough to get the pavement wet. Otherwise it's a drop here and a drop there. My daughter says OK is the only place she knows of where it can rain on the other side of the street! We got quite a bit of thunder rumbling around, but no wet stuff coming from it.
    However, the horrible smoke has largely dissipated, which is a blessing.

Pat

• greenacreslady
    12 years ago

We were leaving for a wedding just as the front blew in with a vengeance with the winds whipping around from north. The temperature immediately dropped from well over 100 to 95, and as we drove south through Edmond we could see the smoke from the big fire to the east. Then as we got down into OKC and ahead of the front the temp went back up to 110. When we came out of the church (near mid-town) after the wedding the temp had dropped and the north wind had carried that smoke all the way down there. As soon as we got home last night after the reception I checked the rain gauge and was doing the happy dance because we got almost half an inch. This morning it's overcast and looks like it's raining to the south and east, so I hope some of you down that way are getting some of that nice rain this morning.

Suzie

• cactusgarden
    12 years ago

My "small" driveway got wet. We had a day in the 80's. A pleasant day in OKC, we were an island in the heat. I got caught up on a lot of gardening chores I had put off.