Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have tried

Posted by GeneTheNewGuy none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 23:05

I have tried. I washed the car and the truck. I've washed the windows. Still no rain. Maybe I should put up an old fashioned clothes line and hang out some laundry. Think that might help?

I'm out of ideas. The last time I asked an Indian friend if he would do a rain dance he frowned and said something about foolish white men stereotypes. (Just kidding on that one)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have tried

Have you tried cloud seeding? Just kidding.....

Susan

o

Maybe I should plan a big backyard barbeque with adult liquid refreshments and invite lots of people. Maybe this will bring the rain. It did last time.

o

Ok, that last plan might work... I got it scheduled for the 31st of August.

Did all the others, clothesline as well, as I do dry my laundry outside.

Even letting it hang overnight hasn't done anything yet.

Moni

o

The way I make it rain is to "give up", drag out the sprinklers and water the yard (not the garden---it has drip lines). After I water the yard, dragging the hose from the east side of the house, then around to the north, west and south, etc., it will rain. This is especially true if I leave the sprinkler on one section of the yard and go to town. It inevitably will start raining while I am in town so I look like a fool watering my yard in the rain. This is what has worked somewhat well for me this year.

It didn't work at all last year. By this time last year, we'd had maybe 11" of rain for the year, and no amount of watering the yard would make it rain. I'm having a better year in 2012 than last year by far, but most of you probably are having a worse year than last year.

The only other thing I can think of would be to start painting the house. All we have to do is talk about painting the house, and the rain starts falling on the very day we are scheduled to begin painting.

Don't give up. Rain usually returns in September, if not in August, and September is getting closer every day.

Dawn

o

lol Gene that was too funny.

bon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here