Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy fruit trees

Posted by dawnrenee (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 0:16

Is there somewhere other than Lowe's that sells a good variety of fruit trees. I'd love to find Keiffer Pear and a few apple trees. Thanks in advance for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy fruit trees

dawnrenee, Are you looking for someplace you can buy them here in Oklahoma? If you're open to the idea of ordering them online and having them shipped, there are several good nurseries that sell quality stock at reasonable prices and that ship. Stark Brothers, based in Missouri, is one, and another one I like is Bob Wells Nursery in Lindale, TX. Both have websites so you can order online.

Since the Bob Wells Nursery is less well-known, I'll link it below. Stark Brothers is very easy to find via a Google search.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob Wellsl Nursery

o

I bought some stark brothers trees last fall, and they did wonderful this summer. Grew nice.

Moni

o

A couple of years ago which was a bad time to plant anything, I bought a fruit tree from a box store and one mail order. The mail order one was bare root and much smaller. The store one had a root ball wrapped in burlap or something. It was hard to keep it watered; the bareroot took off and survived. The bigger plant died. This spring I bought some from local stores and they are fine - better weather. If you can't find what you want order it. Those small plants will catch up. Shipping is what kills me though - I hate to pay for shipping seems like money down the drain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here