Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Fire Weather Watch for Monday, 9/23/2012

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
11 years ago

The National Weather Service has issued a Fire Weather Watch for tomorrow. A Fire Weather Watch means weather conditions will exist that could lead to extreme fire behavior.

The Fire Weather Watch covers a large portion of the state so I've linked the NWS's National Watch and Warning Map so you can tell at a glance if your county is included in the Fire Weather Watch. At the Watch and Warning Map, you can click on any county and it will take you to the webpage of the NWS forecast office that covers that specific county. The text of any watch, warning, advisory or severe weather statement can be found on each county's page in which any of the above is in effect.

Do not be surprised if at least a portion of the Fire Weather Watch area is upgraded to a Red Flag Fire Warning.

Fire Danger will be Very High to Extreme tomorrow, and even if you are not in an area with a Fire Weather Watch, you need to be mindful of the fact that wildfires, and quite serious ones, can develop in areas that have no fire weather watch or warning in effect.

Remember that the same conditions that favor the rapid spread of wildfire also dry out and dessicate plants, especially young ones with tender vegetation. I always water my plants well the night before or morning of a Fire Weather Watch or Red Flag Fire Warning to give them a little extra moisture to help them deal with the hot, drying winds.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Watch & Warning Map

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery