Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It feels like New year's Eve.........

Posted by scottokla (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 12:15

The ball should drop here about midnight!

How crazy is it that the weather has been so extreme that I (we?) am actually giddy about this front.

I plan to take the kids out and cheer when the front arrives and moon (if wifey is not around) the hot air as it is pushed to the south to remain until next June.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It feels like New year's Eve.........

pblbh! I'm jealous-- the cold air isn't gonna get here that early.

I hope you have a -great- cooler air party! :-)

(rubbing hands with glee, contemplating cooler air)

o

Scott,

So, did the ball drop around midnight?

It was late to arrive here, but it is here now.

Our temps were significantly cooler this morning---68 degrees on our front porch at 6 a.m. but the wind was only 3 mph. Now that the front is pushing through, our wind is blowing in the 20s and gusting in the upper 20s.

It probably will be a bad fire day with all this wind blowing, but it will be so much more pleasant to fight fires in 80 degree temps than in the 100s.

Merrybookwyrm, Hang on! If it isn't there yet, it is coming!

Dawn

o

The wind switched here during the night sometime a bit after midnight but the cool temps didn't arrive. Instead the cooler air got here throughout the morning and afternoon causing the temps to not go up much. It is 80 now but never got below 70 last night.

We'll see how accurate the forecast is, but last night we were seeing predictions of lows about 55 and highs in the 70s for the next few days. Amazing isn't it. We never saw any highs in the 80 back in May. It went straight from cool to hot, and other than one day below in the 80s in July we have not seen highs below 90 since June 2, and now we've skipped them again and gone back to the 70s.

I have a feeling the next two months will be really nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here