Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thought I'd say hi

Posted by cowpea 7a/SE Ok (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 14:18

And Thank You! Have been doing some major lurking for the past garden season, and would not have enjoyed such a bountiful harvest (drought notwithstanding;-) if I hadn't been reading this forum daily!

Best wishes to all
Ronni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thought I'd say hi

Hi Ronni!

I recently stopped lurking as well. This is a great place to learn everything i wanted to know (and some i didn't want to know) about gardening in oklahoma. Hopefully next year we can get some more rain and less days above 100.

Josh

o

Howdy Friend! Welcome to the neighborhood!

o

Hey, Ronni

Very nice to meet ya!

Just spotted cucumber beetles on mah new squash plants. Drat! Sure is hot out there, too. We reach 104 today.

bon

o

Hi Ronnie! Welcome to the forum.

o

Hi Ronni,

Welcome to the forum.

Our motto here ought to be "next year will be better", but don't let the weather these last two years discourage you. We do have lots of good years with better gardening weather here, just not lately. Just wait till next year.....

Dawn

o

Welcome Ronni!

Love your screen name! Cowpeas are wonderful!

George
Tahlequah, OK

o

Thanks everyone for the kindly welcome!
Due to this group, I have planted my first ever fall garden! So don't worry Dawn...optimism is in no short supply here! (Isn't that the case with all gardeners :-).
Oh, George, must confess--I've truly never eaten a cow pea before! But that will soon change as i've planted a nice big bed of em. Any favorite recipes?
Try to keep cool folks!
Ronni

o

Hi, Ronni!

Welcome to the group...we have a good crop of "newbies", as well as some veterans...as well as our elite group of experts!! All of us are here to have a good time growing, learning, joking, commiserating, etc...you'll be glad you're here :~)

Sharon
The Village

o

Hey, Ronni, welcome and love your name, too! So long as everybody spells it correctly......you get the idea, lol!

We all may holler a bit about the weather last year and this year, but we always have high hopes for the next year. Just wait until Dawn, Jay, Dorothy, George, and everyone starts putting down their plans for 2013 varieties and the discussions they get into. They could gather all this info and write a Summer Planning Guide for Oklahoma Gardeners!

Bring it on 2013!

Susan

o

Hi Ronni, I like the name also. I have never met a Cowpea I didn't like.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here