Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heat Advisory for NE OK and SW AR

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 16:30

The Tulsa office of the NWS has issued a Heat Advisory for some counties in northeastern Oklahoma and southwestern Arkansas. It is in effect through Tuesday evening.

You can see the affected counties in orange on the linked map.

To read the text of the Heat Advisory, click on any county colored orange, and then click on the link for the Heat Advisory.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webpage of NWS-Tulsa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heat Advisory for NE OK and SW AR

I have some not nice choice words for these bulletins. LOL Honestly, I'm not worried about the heat but potential lack of precipitation. Trying not to worry about it seein' I can't do jack about it. But really .... I hope we do not have a beautiful spring-like fall. Rather a wet ugly one would do better.

o

Well, I do want a beautiful spring-like fall, with sunny, mild, clear gorgeous days. Let us have wet, ugly nights. That would be the best of both worlds.

If I am going to hope for anything, it would be rain, but why can't it rain at night and be pretty all day?

Our average high temperature around this time of year is 90-92 and our forecast is for 103. That just stinks. I am hoping for anything cooler than 103 since I'm not likely to get my wish for even 'average' high temps these next few days.

I am listening to the local forecast and he does says the trough coming down from Canada should be here on Thursday or Friday. I hope he's right. I am in a "I'll believe it when I see it" frame of mind right now.

o

Mesonet says we went to 102, but it was 104 in early afternoon at our house. It was very, very hot.

o

Same here. I think Mesonet hit 101 or 102 but it was 105 here, and 107 few miles south of here.

o

I dont know what the temp was, but it was way to hot. I went over to mow DD's lawn today, I live in western AR., she lives in eastern OK.. I doubt it is over 10 miles between our houses (as the crow flies). It was hot in both places, but much dryer at her house.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here