Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

OT: TWC To Name Strongest Winter Storms

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
11 years ago

Well, I suppose anything that is about the weather is not truly off-topic because weather affects everything we gardeners do, but I tagged this OT anyway.

Today The Weather Channel announced it will name the most severe winter storms. I think I like this idea as long as they reserve the names for the truly worst storms. This way, if a severe winter storm wreaks havoc, we'll have a name for the storm and can use it years from now to refer back to the storm. Like "Hey, y'all, do you remember what Luna did to us in March of 2013 right at planting time? A foot of snow!"....or whatever. lol It will be easier than referring back to the Tulsa ice storm of 2010 or the central OK snow storm of 2008 or whatever, especially in years with multiple bad storms. Since we are not famous here for especially brutal winter storms, we may not get hit by many of the ones they name.

The names are interesting, to say the least....nothing as simple as Tom, Dick or Harry. I have linked the list for the upcoming winter below.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter 2012-2013 Storm Names From TWC

Comments (6)