Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
State Burn Ban Has Been Cancelled for All Counties

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 13:53

Gov. Fallin has ended the state-wide burn ban that was in effect for 33 counties. The only county that now has a burn ban is Cimarron County, which implemented a 30-day county burn ban.

Dawn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: State Burn Ban Has Been Cancelled for All Counties

Ours was lifted the other day. I grilled burgers to celebrate.

o
RE: State Burn Ban Has Been Cancelled for All Counties

I noticed that she lifted it in two or three stages and, yes, I figured you'd be out grilling to celebrate! I hope the burgers were yummy.

We have not been having a huge number of fires, and I hope that doesn't change. We're still pretty dry in some areas in our county and had a pretty bad fire last week before the rain arrived, but we've had over 2" of rain since then, so I feel like we're in a little better shape now than we were on that day.

Our ground is still cracked and there's too much dry, dormant vegetation mixed in with the green stuff in the pastures, but when you consider what the summer was like, I do think we're in a lot better shape now than we were a month or two back.

The drought continues to drag on and on though, and we all need a whole lot more rain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here