Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Edmond living,

Posted by ssparay OK (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 15:52

I like evergreens, and would like to add some around my in-ground swimming pool in Edmond. We hang out outside all year round, so I'd like to have evergreens out there, to always be pretty. But I've seen a friend's pool in Edmond, that had pine needles in clogging up his water filter. What are some evergreens that don't loose much foliage, that I can plant in a small space, near the pool. My backyard is featured in image 16 of the Blue Haven Oklahoma City Pools Gallery page
I'd like to replace those bushes with small evergreen trees. As you can see, they're pretty close to the water. I'm just tired of the deadness in the winter, since we have enough drought here in Oklahoma to deal with in the summer anyway. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Edmond living,

Someone else will have to chime in on the evergreen idea, that's not my area, but your pool is GORGEOUS!! I'll be happy to pool sit any time you need one ;)

(we have a friend who allows us to "pool sit" when they go on vacation...lol...basically that entails us lazing around their pool!)

Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here