Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seed Savers Network Gathering October 6, 2013

Posted by macmex 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 3, 13 at 21:16

Hey folks,

I understand that many may be too far away to participate. But I would like to make the invitation anyway. You may already know/remember that we're starting up a seed savers network, originally called Green Country Seed Savers Network. Well, I think it's evolving and going to go wider. We're in communication with some gardeners from OSU and Tulsa. So this name is likely to change to something like Oklahoma Seed Savers Network, or something like that. Anyway, we're planning a physical meeting in the pavilion in Norris Park, in Tahlequah, just South of Northeastern State University and just North of the Cherokee Courthouse. It will be This coming Sunday between two and four PM.

Originally when planned we called it a seed swap. I'm bringing some seeds. Some others will bring some. We're more inclined to give them to interested people than to actually do swapping. Ron Cook, the developer of Heavy Hitter Okra (branching form of Clemson Spineless) may well be there with a good quantity of his seed. As much as anything, we're wanting to enjoy a social time of sharing and talking about seed saving. All are invited. Message me privately and I can send you my cell phone number, if you would like more directions.

George
Tahlequah, OK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Gathering October 6, 2013

Well,
We did have an organizational glitch. Dorothy and Glenn (Mulberryknob) and I showed up at Norris Park. The rest of the folks waited for us at a pavilion behind the Armory. But after a bit, we did all meet up and the meeting went very well. We had a great time. It wasn't a "seed swap." It was a "seed give away!" But I believe everyone came away with something new. Most of all, we had a great time of sharing information.

George

o
RE: Seed Savers Network Gathering October 6, 2013

George, I was hoping to come and bring Cornfield pumpkin, Seminole pumpkins and Brazilian Butternut to give away, but due to a medication glitch I got to go to the ER instead, but I will have seed to give away if anyone wants them.

Larry

o

Larry,
You would have been the "star of the show," if you could have made it. Everyone was very interested in my squash. But I didn't have any to give away! I would be quite interested in some Seminole seed.

George

o
next meeting

There was talk about meeting again in November or December, just like this last meeting. I'll keep you posted when we have a date.

George

o

George, I will see that you get any seeds that I have if you want them. I will soon have my pile of squash and pumpkin down to a manageable size.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here