Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
macmex

Seed Savers Network Gathering October 6, 2013

Macmex
10 years ago

Hey folks,

I understand that many may be too far away to participate. But I would like to make the invitation anyway. You may already know/remember that we're starting up a seed savers network, originally called Green Country Seed Savers Network. Well, I think it's evolving and going to go wider. We're in communication with some gardeners from OSU and Tulsa. So this name is likely to change to something like Oklahoma Seed Savers Network, or something like that. Anyway, we're planning a physical meeting in the pavilion in Norris Park, in Tahlequah, just South of Northeastern State University and just North of the Cherokee Courthouse. It will be This coming Sunday between two and four PM.

Originally when planned we called it a seed swap. I'm bringing some seeds. Some others will bring some. We're more inclined to give them to interested people than to actually do swapping. Ron Cook, the developer of Heavy Hitter Okra (branching form of Clemson Spineless) may well be there with a good quantity of his seed. As much as anything, we're wanting to enjoy a social time of sharing and talking about seed saving. All are invited. Message me privately and I can send you my cell phone number, if you would like more directions.

George
Tahlequah, OK

Comments (5)