Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coldest Morning of Autumn.....So Far

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 8:10

Brrrr! We went down to 21 degrees here, although it already has warmed up to a relatively warm 24 degrees. That's our coldest overnight low of this fall, so far.

It is so very cold out there and the frost is thick.

I think maybe the few flowers that were still blooming yesterday might be finished now.

How about y'all?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coldest Morning of Autumn.....So Far

Cold here in OKC. I pulled my plants off the balcony last week, and they are in front of the sliding glass doors now, with lights on them.

Photobucket

It's been windy, colder, rainy and now cold out. Haven't even ridden my bike to work lately. I am turning in to a whimp. LOL

Moni

o

Brrrrrr is right! 27 here in NE Norman @ 8 am. I'm on vacation this week so I splept in. I'm sure it was at least down to 23 here overnite. The frost is so heavy that it looks like we got a light dusting of snow.

I feel a bit of relief as far as the garden goes. Everything is dead now so with the heavy frost, this dis-appointing gardening year is OVER! And I'm SO over it.

I may have to pack the new seed catalogs in a box in the garage. They keep calling me to take a peek and I just keep telling them "Not 'til after Christmas"...(although I did go in on an order from Swallowtail Seeds with a friend for a few ornamental grasses & herbs!)

Paula

o

Yep! 22 degrees on my hill this AM. The only thing I still had blooming was the tough Gaillardias. Car covered with frost. Birdbath frozen solid. Just went out and replenished the bird feeder (think I have one of my "rascally" racoons emptying it every night), and poured some warm water over the frozen BB. The birds seem grateful. "Sigh"! Already ready for Spring. Just hope we have a milder Summer next year without triple-digit temps.!

Jeanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here