Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A huge seed catalog....

Posted by soonergrandmom Z6 Grove (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 19:37

I just got the new Johnny's catalog and it is 227 pages. I can't wait to sit down and go through it all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A huge seed catalog....

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 14:37

Holy Cow, that is some good reading.

Mike

o

I always keep my Johnny's catalogs forever because they are so much more than a catalog.....they are a wonderful growing guide as well. I think they have more useful growing information in them than many gardening books.

And....for some garden trivia....Johnny's was the very first company from whom I ordered garden seeds by mail, way back in the mid 1980s. One year I ordered our son a little red metal child-sized wheelbarrow from Johnny's for what then seemed like an exorbitant amount of money. We still have that wheelbarrow. It still has its original paint job and hasn't even rusted through. I am fairly sure we have had it for about 26 to 28 years, and many children have played with it. That is the kind of quality that Johnny's is famous for. I wish our adult-sized wheelbarrows would last half as long as the kid-sized one from Johnny's has lasted.

o

I received mine as well and I now need a bigger garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here