Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monsoon season underway

Posted by elkwc 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 8:52

Another .50" last evening and .15" the night before. Now at 6.50 inches for the year. With the cooler temps the smaller amounts help. They don't evaporate and at least have some moisture in the tops few inches. We are so thankful for every drop and hoping more arrives soon. Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monsoon season underway

Jay, I don't see how you can grow anything with so little rain. You mush have a good water source somewhere. I have to buy my water at $5.50 per 1000 gal. + other charges.

I hope thing start changing for you and you can get the water you need.

Larry

o

Let us know when you need the rescue squad to bring in the boats.

o

Larry,
I have deep sandy soil and along with deep mulch even in the hottest weather I only have to water twice a week but most of the time once a week. Otherwise it would be costly. My highest water bill was 60 something I think last summer.

Carol my feet are becoming webbed. The soil had a slight spongy feel yesterday morning when I first went out. The first time in almost 2 years I had felt that. I haven't checked my records but heard right here it had been almost 2 years since we had received over an inch in one rain. I totaled that in 2-3 rain showers over 24 hours this summer once but not all in one thunder storm like we used to see a few times every summer. Jay

o

Webbed feet, cute! HaHa We are just barely under the 4 feet mark and will probably hit that today. Mother Nature is just not fair and I think you guys made her really mad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here