Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Turtle Man

Posted by Pallida Zone 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 5, 11 at 11:47

Have any of you stumbled onto the "Turtle Man" on Animal Planet? I just, recently, did, as I watch this channel quite a bit. He's this corny, hokey Red Neck ( probably, incredibly rich) who rescues unwanted "critters" out of people's basements, attics, houses, barns, ponds, etc. and then relocates them to a friendly, natural environment to live out normal, healthy lives. The fact that he is a "hoot" to watch and loves animals, ALL animals has me hooked as a regular viewer......

Jeanie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Turtle Man

I saw him too. He is entertaining that's for sure. He does good for the animals. Billy the exterminator is entertaining too, but they get paid to do what they do, Turtleman gets a few bucks or does it for free.

o
RE: Turtle Man/2

Wow! He removes those rattlers, snapping turtles and skunks for free? Mercy! Surely, Animal Planet pays him a hefty salary for being allowed to film his "rescues"! I needed his services last Summer when (I think) rabid baby raccoon parked himself on my deck railing and would rare up and hiss at me when I tried to go out the door. I felt sorry for it, but it was, obviously, sick, and I was going to have to call the police to remove him, but he was gone by morning..........

Jeanie

o
RE: Turtle Man

I would imagine he gets paid well for what he does and letting them film it. But they show after each job what the fee is and it will say Homemade pie or something like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here