Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pallida_gw

Happy Birthday, Larry!

Pallida
12 years ago

Happy Birthday, forum friend! Hope you have a great day!

Jeanie ((*=*))

Comments (13)

• soonergrandmom
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday Larry! Try to do something nice for yourself today because it sounds like most of your days are spent tending to the needs of others.

• slowpoke_gardener
    12 years ago

Thanks, Ladies. It has been a good day.

When I went up to moms this AM to take care of all the critters and folks I ask Mon if she knew what she was doing 68 years ago to day, and she remembered.

I have always heard it was better to give than receive, I think that is especialy true when it comes to care.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Larry, and I hope you have many, many more.

Dawn

• slowpoke_gardener
    12 years ago

Thanks, Dawn, I plan on having them until they become obsolete.

Larry

• mulberryknob
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Larry. Dorothy

• slowpoke_gardener
    12 years ago

Dorothy, thank you, it has been a happy day.

Larry

• Macmex
    12 years ago

Larry, sorry I didn't drop in, before, to wish you a happy birthday. So glad it was a special day. You, indeed, are a blessing to many others.

George

• slowpoke_gardener
    12 years ago

George, thank you, that was a very kind and warm remark.

I plan on having another good day, just as soon as I get my truck unstuck.

Larry

• elkwc
    12 years ago

Larry Happy BD. I haven't decided yet whether I will have one in a few weeks or just count 012 as a leap year. LOL. I have been just glancing at posts the last week or so and missed this one. Hope you get your truck out without much trouble. I'm going to try to get several things done around here as most of next week doesn't look very nice. I'm headed to pick up my washer and will haul the last load of hay today. Should be enough to get me through the winter and most of next summer. Cold here now but supposed to be nice later. Hope it is for you also. Jay

• slowpoke_gardener
    12 years ago

Thanks, Jay.

It sounds like you have a full day ahead of you.

I got the truck out, but minus the tailgate. I was trying to squeeze in another load of compost yesterday. The last little bit I wanted to put in the flower bed. I left the tailgate down and the wet compost froze. I broke the pivot on the left side trying to force the tailgate closed to get to the trailer ball.

I guess my gas mileage will go up till I get the tailgate repaired.

Larry

• elkwc
    12 years ago

Larry glad your day went well overall. Mine did also. I hauled another load of alfalfa today. Hauled a load of small wheat straw bales yesterday. Replaced the hydraulic cylinders on one tractor earlier in the week so been cleaning up loose alfalfa and manure and stacking it in piles to compost. I will run some of the alfalfa through the shredder after I finish shredding the leaves. Will add some to the garden and let some compost. Hopefully if we continue to get some moisture I won't have to soak the piles so they will compost. Also letting the manure set in piles for a while will let some of the salt leach out. Tomorrow should be warm and windy. After that may not get a lot done outside. Did get my washer backs, unloaded, hooked up and washing. So overall has been a good day. Jay

• slowpoke_gardener
    12 years ago

WOW, Jay, it makes my back hurt to read all you have done.

I don't know much about alfalfa but I read it is great feed for animals and gardens. The ground around here (except river bottoms) wont grow much except Bermuda.

We have had a beautiful day here. cooler weather and rain is supposed to be on the way.

I will be trying to get more organic matter this winter any place I can find it.

Larry

• soonergrandmom
    12 years ago

Jay, How does you stuff compost with so little moisture. Do you have to keep it wet so it doesn't blow away? We can get a pretty good rain and it seems to soak into the first couple of inches of leaves and the rest will be dry. It takes quite a while for the moisture to work it's way down.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm