Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter Wonderland

Posted by elkwc 6a (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 9, 11 at 13:16

We had light drizzle with a frost and fog. So everything is covered with ice and crystals. Pretty as long as you don't have to get out in it. The roads were a little slick when going to work. Then had to come back to town for a random drug test. It seems no one knows how to drive in slick conditions anymore. Most want to drive normal then hit their brakes and slide when they either need to stop or turn. I've had my festive post card moment for this year. Now ready for a warm up and spring!!!! Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter Wonderland

Jay,

Festive postcard moments are wonderful as long as you are inside the house looking out at them.

I agree that few people drive well in slick conditions any more. It always amazes me how busy the law enforecement officers, firefighters, medics and tow truck drivers are on any day when we have ice or snow on the roadways. Apparently everyone thinks they can still drive 70 mph or faster on the interstate when it is a sheet of ice, and that tends to not work out so well. We haven't had icy roads here yet this winter, which is good.

I hope your winter wonderland has dried up on the roadways at least.

Dawn

o
RE: Winter Wonderland

Dawn,
My sister and I helped at a basketball tournament last evening. I got finished and after watching part of one game started home around 8 I believe. It was very foggy and getting wet again. But this morning was slick again. But the bright sun had things dry by ten. I was going to an auction but decided to work on a few things I need to get done. They are saying several warm days ahead. May be a cool down next weekend. And then a roller coaster the week before Christmas. Of course that is too far out to really know. I came up to the house to get some things and the plants in the lean too were needing a drink. They dry out just as fast when it is cold outside and I tend to not check the moisture as often when it is so cold on the outside. Better get back outside and try to finish a few things and plant a little more. Jay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here