Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reedbaize

Need prayers again...

ReedBaize
10 years ago

Sorry to solicit divine conversation again but my wife recently admitted that she had, in fact, been having an affair as I had suspected. The gentleman was an unknown married coworker of hers. So, I'll be going through a divorce during the Christmas holidays.

Please pray for my daughter and I. We will need it.

Comments (9)

• Macmex
    10 years ago

Reed! Yikes! Be assured that I will be praying for you EVERY DAY!

George
    Tahlequah, OK

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Reed. I feel for you buddy as a year ago tomorrow I moved out of my house and started the divorce for the exact reason. I can tell you this. Do EVERYTHING you can do to be with or talk to your kiddo. That was the best thing I ever did for mine.

It does get better! I promise. shoot me an email if you need any advice.

Praying for you! Take care!
    Mike

• chickencoupe
    10 years ago

Done! Wishing nothing but PEACE and wisdom through this difficult time.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

So sorry. I did that 48 yr. ago (divorce)!! I think that is the worst thing you can do to another person!!! Good advice from Mike. Good luck to you!

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

Reed, I am so sorry. I went through the same thing in 1974. It is a very painful place to be, but don't make the child/children pay for it. You may want to read Proverbs 25:22. I think it is a very good proverb. My Ex is married to a very nice man, and has been for over 33 years. I am married to very nice Lady and we have a nice relationship with all of our kids, We get together at least two times a year and have a wonderful time. A person needs to grow past the pain and hate if they can. It is very hard to repay good for evil but I think it works in the long run.

Larry

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Reed, I am so sorry for your troubles and will be thinking of you and praying for you and your daughter as you go through this very difficult transition period.

I know that you are a good person with a strong faith in God and I am confident you will remain strong and will persevere and will find a way to work your way through the myriad emotions that accompany this sort of emotional situation. The important thing is for your daughter to always know that both parents love her.

I am especially touched by the excellent advice that Mike gave you because he has so recently gone through a similar situation, and yet he has remained his usual positive and cheerful self all along.

I hope it helps you to see how much everyone here cares about you. Larry's words are so encouraging, too, because he made it through the pain and has lived a wonderful joy-filled life. You will too.

Our son went through a divorce a couple of years ago (different circumstances though) and not only is his ex-wife one of his closest friends, so is the man in her life. I won't say it was easy or that there wasn't heartbreak and pain, but they were determined to keep the friendship alive....and they have. It can be hard to move past the anger, but doing so truly helps with the healing. The true beneficiary of their friendship is our son's former stepdaughter, Maddie, because all the people in her life who loved her are still a part of her life despite the divorce.

Dawn

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

Reed, I am so sorry. Yes, I will pray for you. There is a support group in Edmond if you are interested. They have a group for children as well. I can send you the info if you are interested.

Lisa

• shankins123
    10 years ago

Reed,

Coming to this a little late, but...yes! I will pray for you - for wisdom, for God's peace, for clearness of thought, and for strength. I, too, am divorced - I never, ever thought my life would go the direction that it did. As hard as it is, let her mom speak for herself through her actions - speak truth, but no badmouthing. Stay close to your daughter; listen to her and let her talk and ask questions. I hurt for my girls, because their father is basically non-existent in their lives, despite their early attempts to maintain a healthy relationship with him. Things are hard right now, but seek the GOOD - you'll get through Christmas.

Sharon

• borderokie
    10 years ago

So Sorry!! Will be praying.