Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

GOP is the party of 'Small Business' after all.

orchidnick
13 years ago

BP's legal limits of economic liability on the ongoing oil spill, is capped at $75,000,000. Senator Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) was seeking the Senate's unanimous consent to move forward on the Big Oil Bailout Prevention Act which would retroactively boost the legal cap of $75,000,000 on how much companies must pay for economic damages to $10,000,000,000.

Sen James Inhofe (R-Okla) blocked the effort saying it would make drilling too expensive for smaller companies. Sen Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) blocked an identical move last week.

I guess I was wrong about the GOP, they have the interests of small companies at heart after all.

Nick

Comments (10)

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

Nick, If what you write is true, then Menendez is a jerk.

NJ voters get another "crack" at him in 2012! They don't need one dimensional thinkers. NJ voters deserve more than two-dimensional Senators!

Bye-bye, Bob!

--Stitz--

• xmpraedicta
    13 years ago

Are the issues of oil drilling and environmental protection equally as divided as the issue of health care in the United States?

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nothing will beat the passion of the health care debate. What's going on with oil, the banking bill etc is business as usual. We seldom become aware of the maneuvering and behind the scenes wrangling that routinely takes place. The health care debate was unique in that they let it all hang out. We could follow in minute details every little twist and turn for over a year. The other thing that made it unique was the total and absolute partisanship it evoked.

Thank God for Arlen Specter, without him it may not have happened. He paid dearly for his support.

Nick

• highjack
    13 years ago

Are you saying Specter lost because of his support of the health care bill?

Is this an example of the politician ruling against the will of the people and paying the price?

Some of us actually have started paying attention to other things besides health care.

Brooke

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Probably contributed.

Nick

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

oh, c'mon Nick! You're missin' the boat!!

The REAL reasons that Specter bit the dust?

1) He's a half-assed Democrat in the first place, running in a Democrat primary. He knew that he couldn't win in the Republican primary so he switched. It's as simple as that! Even Democrats don't appreciate turncoats.

2) Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP)
    'nuff said!

--Stitz--

• westoh Z6
    13 years ago

Agreed,

Nobody likes a turncoat...
    Plus, I think people are very tired of the old guard.

Bob

• highjack
    13 years ago

At age 80 it is time he retired to the very generous retirement package our taxes have supplied him.

Term limits!

Brooke

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

At age 80, if snarlin' Arlen had SOME thing to contribute, then he should continue! He didn't contirubte any thing other than.....duh....

Pa voters took a li'l extra time to evaluate Arlen's effectiveness. Let's give them credit for loyalty...and THAT didn't buy them anything!

Arlen was a loser. He bought a li'l bit of extra time by disguising it as a Democrat!!

GOODBYE, Arlen!

--Stitz--

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

Term limits, Brooke?

I don't wish to impose my will over Ky voters any more than you wish to impose your will over Md voters.

--Stitz--

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor