Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amesiella philipenense

Posted by michoice SW England (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 26, 09 at 8:57

The picture in my recent posting disappeared!! so for anyone interested in this pretty species, here it is again.

Amesiella philippenense

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amesiella philipenense

• Posted by jank US10 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 26, 09 at 9:59

Lovely picture!

o

Beautiful. I hope I can soon bloom my monticola!

o

Stunning blooms! This plant is on the top of my wishlist!

o

Heart Stopping Beautiful! Is there more than one spike on the plant?
Ann

o

Hello Ann, the plant produced one spike last year with three flowers, this year the plant is only fractionally larger but has produced two spikes. The flowers last for several weeks so is really worth growing. Peter

o

Beautiful orchid and a pretty picture.

o

I have my fingers and toes crossed that the "monticola" that I'm nursing will send up a spike this year and will be half as lovely as your. Any tips of culture?
Ann

o

Hello Ann, I have had my plant for about 4 years,it flowered for the first time a year ago. It is very slow growing and has only produced a couple of leaves in the past year. The leaves are quite tough and only 2.5ins.long
The plant is mounted on a piece of treefern and gets watered(rain water) and fed nearly every day. I only have a small greenhouse so all my plants have the same intermediate conditions 60'f at night,70' during the day, more at both ends during the summer. Good luck with yours Peter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here