Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jan 11 bloomer

Posted by georgetoo (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 11 at 17:14

This is pot Melinda Rose Funke "Irene". I like the art shades and this is a favorite. It produce four spikes, 2 in sheath and 2 without. I moved it from my semi green house into my home when the first flowers started to open on the sheathed spikes. Bad on me....the opened and half opened flower wilted immediately and the 2 unopened sheathed buds blasted.

The picture is of the two spikes that came without sheaths.
Not sure what lesson I learned here but will certainly delay moving in the future.

Here is a link that might be useful: pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jan 11 bloomer

I love it!...I don't move mine either, till they open.~Charm

o

Very nice! I've often been tempted to buy it on-line from Hausermann's. Is it fragrant?

Carol

o

Only slightly fragrant but it hasn't begun to wilt yet and I lost the first two spikes so I consider it long blooming for a catt.

o

It is still beautiful. Sometimes they are so strong and other times you just dont know what will happen. The colors are striking. Tricia

o

Such beautiful colors!

Good growing,
Jane

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 23, 11 at 12:08

Fantastic album of orchids! Amazing!

o

This one is stunning

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here