Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angraecum Crestwood

Posted by jane__ny z5-6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 25, 10 at 20:07

First blooming, two spikes, six flowers. Soft, soapy fragrance at night. My room has been very dry and I've noticed some browning on the tips of the flowers. Poor photos as my flash quit.
ANG CRESTWOOD 1-10

ANGRAECUM 1-10

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angraecum Crestwood

Fantastic looking plan and flowers!

o

Stunning! The multiple blobs of honeydew indicate a happy happy plant and the photos are not bad at all. What do you have this growing in, Jane?

o

Thanks.
Calvin, always a complement from the expert! I have it planted in large bark chunks. It will need repotting this Spring.

Jane

o

Beautiful plant/blooms! What are the parents in this cross? How large is your plant? My shopping list for an upcoming Spring show will be topped by angraecums & related genera. I love look of the waxy white/green blooms and fragrance is always a 'big' plus for me.

Sheila :)

o

Surely you jest! I'm barely at half my weight in dead orchids...although I just managed to watch the last leaf drop off a poor aerangis I got a few months ago so I guess that brings me a little closer to 'expertise'

Large chunks makes total sense...duh...esp for those fat roots. That's a great looking plant and I wouldn't be surprised if it put on an even more magnificent show next year!

Sheila - this is a cross between sesquipidale and eburneum :) I hope you report back what you end up getting off your shopping list

o

Thanks, Sheila its quite a beauty. It is pretty big but a slow grower. I've only had it 2 1/2 years. It is about 2 ft tall. Very neat grower. Grew a basal keiki last year which is growing along nicely.

This is a first for me. Still learning my way around it. I left it out when the nights got cool in fall and it started spiking. Took about 4 months for those blooms. This plant seems to defy the culture info on it. Likes growing cool--low 50's all Winter.

Give it a try,
Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here