Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot. Eye Candy 'Mellow Yellow'

Posted by Greencurls Z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 8:56

The camera does not do the yellow justice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot. Eye Candy 'Mellow Yellow'

The name matches the orchid. Eye Candy.NIce photograph

o

Lovely orchid. Name might be in the process of being registered but there is only Holiday Eye Candy to be found on the RHS site.

o

Very pretty, I am new to Orchids, what kind is this?

o

it is a hybrid " Cattleya" though it has other types of orchids blended in apart from Cattleya. That is why the name is important, records kept at Kew in England will give you the pedigree if you know the name.

o

Love the delicate coloring on the petals.

o

I have seen several Potinara Eye Candy orchids for sale online. I never thought to see if the name was registered. I just assumed that it was.

o

Beautiful!

Jane

o

The name is a mystery because there is quite a bit of info. to be found if you google Potinara Eye Candy.
Doesn't matter all that much except if you received an AOS award it would not be recognised unless someone paid Ten pounds to register the name.....a bit difficult when the breeding details are unknown.
Holiday Eye Candy was registered by Carter & Holmes in 2012 and it is doubtful that it is related to your orchid.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here