Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cattleya lueddemanniana

Posted by david SW Ga. (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 08 at 11:37

My Cattleya lueddemanniana is blooming today out in the greenhouse. I got this one off of Ebay several years ago.
Hope you enjoy.
David

Cattleya lueddemanniana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cattleya lueddemanniana

I'd enjoy it a lot more if it was blooming on my balcony! LOL Gorgeous, David! The lip looks like it's shooting sparks.

Marci

o

• Posted by paul_ z4/5 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 9, 08 at 13:45

Neat lip!

o

Beautiful!~Charm

o

Wow, stunning bloom! I love it.

Sheila :)

o

If you want to trade a piece of that, I have a very nice C. walkeriana v. alba to offer a division of... Send me a message through GW, and let me know.

-Cj

o

• Posted by myqt west coast 8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 10, 08 at 22:44

Gorgeous bloom, great photo.

Maryvonne

o

Absolutely STUNNING! Has it ever bloomed twice in the same year, David? At least once source I've read says it is possible. I'm considering trying this one but have held back because of their rep for needing brighter light than many catts. But are they not smallish growers for a standard type catt? That picture has pushed me over the edge of my hesitancy. Wonderful shape and color.

John :>)

o

• Posted by david SW Ga. (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 11, 08 at 17:03

They are not tall for a Cattleya rather short. I have had them bloom twice in a year. They do require a lot of light to bloom well. I grow this one up near the roof of my greenhouse all year long.
Shop carefully! I have seen some dogs.
David

o

awesome blooms. .. just out of curiosity that wouldn't happen to be C. leuddemannia 'pauweala' would it? i got mine some time ago but i just cant remember what it was supposed to look like.

o

this is probably the most beautiful picture of C. leuddemanniana I've ever beheld.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here