Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rodrumnia Mystique x Velvet Queen

Posted by clintdawley z8 TX (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 08 at 12:16

These plants are too cute...if I don' t watch it I could have a windowsill full of them quickly. (Hmm..I could put probably 30 in 3" pots on my East-facing windowsill.) I find them too easy to grow and pretty tough...This one came from the grocery store discard table a couple of years ago...it was out of bloom so I had no idea what it looked like, but the plant was healthy enough so I picked it up for 75 cents. I like the sherbet colors...

Rodrumnia - Tolumnia x Rodriguezia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rodrumnia Mystique x Velvet Queen

Man what a score. Is this the first flowering since the purchase. I love those little guys.

o

Yep. First flowering since purchase. I just think it took last year off to get used to my growing conditions.

o

A great 75 cent bargain. Wonderful shape and flower arrangement.

o

Great buy and very pretty too, the colors are so delicate.

o

Beautiful Clint. I recently picked up a couple of these, sure are cuties.

Sheila :)

o

Nice score, Clint! Had a few tolumnia's and Rdcdm's for several years before they 'went south.' Found most of them for a few bucks at the grocery & HD but no longer.

Marci

o

• Posted by komi z7/8 DC (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 30, 08 at 22:29

nice! I love these too!

I've heard they do well for a few years and then go downhill fast. We'll see.... My "oldest" has been in my care for about 5 years now, I think.....

o

Sweet little thing. I really like the color
Olya

o

Great find....it's a beauty!~Charm

o

Gee Komi,

The biggest one of these I have fills a 4" basket and I've had it for 4 years--let's hope next year I don't send it to the graveyard..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here