Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oncidium varicosum

Posted by ifraser25 z11 Brazil (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 14:19

One of the nice things about moving to a new house is finding some established orchids there. This "Chuva de Ouro" is in an old cypress bush. The bush and probably the orchid predates the house, which is 10 years old. The bush looks about 50 years old. Apparently there was an old farm on the site before the house was built so it may originally have been planted. At any rate it self seeds with abandon and many of the branches have seedlings on them. Curiously and gravity-defyingly they are all on the underside of the branches.

Oncidium varicosum - Chuva de Ouro - Dancing Doll etc

Oncidium varicosum seedlings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oncidium varicosum

Wow ! I love it wish it was in my yard , if I lived where you do that is :)

o

WOW is right, that is just an outstanding display! What a treat for you in your new home. :o)Deanna

o

How beautiful and amazing! I'm so jealous!

Jane

o

Oh this is really like looking at what happened in the wild!!!!
a gorgeous mother plant with seedlings!

o

Very impressive, put that out in my garden at the moment and it would be a gonner. It's Easter and we had snow on the high ground yesterday. I envy your climate.

o

Gorgeous display!~Charm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here