Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One Ang and three non Angs--multi photo

Posted by mrbreeze z6/7 OK (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 08 at 19:47

Neobathiea grandidieriana (syn. filicornu), Vanda Rosri Gold, Rodriguezia lanceolata (syn. secunda), Oncidium maculatum.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
-MB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One Ang and three non Angs--multi photo

Love that flower in the first (and second) photo! Is it fragrant?

o

Beautiful collection!~Charm

o

Oh yes, like all Angs, it smells divine. It smells a little bit like happiness with an overtone of moonlight and a slight hint of love.

o

how poetic mr. B :) Does that one typically have one flower, or will it produce more with age? Either way, I think it's lovely.

o

Beautiful plants!
Olya

o

I like the roots on the vanda. The flowers are really nice too. It kind of looks like a smallish plant. Possible?

K

o

• Posted by komi z7/8 DC (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 30, 08 at 22:23

you have a Rodriguezia in s/h?

wait, you have a Rodriguezia at all? And a vanda, lol.

btw, took a pic for you at longwood. You've managed to make it a requirement - see an ang, take a pic for MB....

o

Calvin: I think the Ang will only make one flower each time but I'm not positive. I kind of think the other cultivated species, N. perrieri, sometimes makes more than one, and they're more green as I recall.

Kevin: I wouldn't call it small. But compared to most other Vandas that are over ten years old, I'd say its smaller than average. I think the wire grid it's mounted on is 14" across.

Ki: lol, yea a friend got me the Rod. in the Costa Rican aeroporte like six years ago or something. It was a tiny 1" seedling in agar in a test tube when it arrived in the mailbox, complete with CITES documents no less. I did grow it in s/h for a few years but now it's in sphag. Thanks for any and all Ang pics!!! I dearly love Angs.

o

Nice, Mr.B. Your photo studio looks to be a cross between The Matrix and Tron (dating myself there).

o

Nice show, Mr. B..

(Do you grow that vanda under lights?)

o

• Posted by komi z7/8 DC (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 1, 08 at 21:53

I remember your test tube baby! Surely not 6 years! Have I known you that long? omg...... ???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here