Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phals in bloom

Posted by barbcoleus z10 Cape Coral,Fl (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 21, 09 at 23:41

I am so pleased with these phals. A friend traded them to me for a child's stroller. They had been given to her daughter by a boyfriend and the girl didn't want the guy or his plants. I've had to bring them inside several times in spike this winter due to near freezing temperatures and only broke one spike which promptly started growing again. Most of them are named varieties and some of them have more than one spike.
phal 2009
phal2009
phal 2009

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phals in bloom

At least the boyfriend had good taste for orchids--nice quality.

o

Yes he did. I told the mother that if I was 40 years older.......I'd still be too old.

o

I meant 40 years younger.

o

THEY ARE ALL LOVELY AND I LOVE THE STAND THEY ARE IN. YOU MUST HAVE THE TOUCH ALRIGHT. GOOD FOR YOU. TRICIA

o

Thanks Tricia,
I think the plant stand was from a curbside shopping trip.
A fellow that sells orchids locally told me to put them in sphagnum moss in a clay pot with a saucer of water and that seems to work her in SW Florida. I never had much success before because I didn't water them as frequently as they needs.

Barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here