Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cattleya dolosa 'Lionstar'

Posted by anglo 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 08 at 23:57

Actually, it's Cattleya dolosa Lionstar CHM/AOS. For some annoying reason, if "CHM/AOS" is included in the Subject-of-Posting box, every capital letter in the title is automatically changed to lower case on the message preview page. Must be a bug in the program. I eventually gave up and decided it looks less stupid to omit the award than to have capitalization errors.

Anyway, this compact growing dolosa was awarded in April 1995 with 83 points and was featured on the cover of "Orchids" magazine in September 1996. The magazine identifies the grower as Rory Jones, Lionstar Orchids. (Don't know if he was also the breeder or if the plant originated somewhere else.) The flowers have a very nice fragrance.

Cattleya dolosa Lionstar CHM/AOS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cattleya dolosa 'Lionstar'

Very nice, I like the shape of the blooms- cute!

o

Very pretty, very nice form and clear color. That's a keeper!

Marci

o

A beauty!~Charm

o

I love it! Another addition for my wish list.

Sheila :)

o

• Posted by paul_ z4/5 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 6, 08 at 21:34

Very nice form

:)

o

• Posted by bolero VIC Aust z9/10 (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 6, 08 at 23:51

Gorgeous! Nothing wrong with those flowers.

Would be wonderful to have that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here