Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
April Bloomers Part 2

Posted by knick-knack Z6 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 08 at 0:53

My seed-grown plants blooming for the 1st time. The non-yellow ones have fragrance. The lavender catt has gone through several bud blasts but finally made it this time with 6.5" wide flowers.

Enjoy!

-Harvey

CTrianaeAGXACB

RscCayenne

RscCayenne

ScBeaufortXRscGeorgeKing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: April Bloomers Part 2

what stunning photography....I like the yellow the best - beautiful plants and congrats on the first time bloom...are you going to register the crosses? :)

o

Very pretty - my same C. triannae didn't bloom this year (sniff sniff) but I now can look forward to next year.

Good job on the Beaufort x George King cross. I have the same cross that the best description would be puny. I pulled it out of it's small pot and mounted it and said, last chance or you will be Kev'd.

Brooke

o

What an accomplishment! Way to grow!

Marci

o

They are all striking, beautiful in form and color.

o

gorgeous blooms!~Charm

o

Thank you for all your comments.

Calvin --- the Beaufort cross is known as Rsc Mark Koch (Gold Country) but this C & H version is a reverse cross of what had been registered in RHS and they used Rsc GK 'Southern Cross' instead of 'Serendipity'(?). As for these crosses, each would probably just have a varietal name.

Brooke --- Are you growing your plant in a greenhouse? I noticed that this species catt likes higher light than the rest of my plants. I am growing my catts under windowsill/Lights and I have to add an extra CFL above it just to induce it to bloom. The bloom sheath of this plant is thick and I was late in cutting slits resulting to the other two inflorescences to wither due to trapped humidity inside :(

I noticed that my Beaufort cross loves short wet-dry cycles so I potted it using clay pellets/charcoal in a 2.5" pot. It throws its roots in all direction so every now and then I have to gently guide it to the potting media. Maybe your idea of mounting your plant might complement its rooting behavior as well as satisfty the watering interval it likes. Good luck...

-Harvey

o

They're all so lovely!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here