Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

$5.00 Phaelianopsis

orchidnick
9 years ago

Zuma Canyon Orchids has a thriving business of decorating homes, offices, hotel lobbies etc with beautifully arranged Phaelies. After they finish blooming it does not pay them to house them until they rebloom. They either sell them for $5.00 or donate the rest to the LA arboritum. This is entirely different for the usual quality Phaelies they sell at shows or from their nursery.

I'm not into Phaelies at least not at this time. Some day I do want to lay on the many interesting species that are available but probably not get into the endless hybrids. I have 3 daughters and a daughter in law that feel otherwise and bug me for Phaelies since they know I grow orchids. To please them, I laid on a bunch of the $5,00 Phaelies and am growing them. When they begin to bloom they go to my kid's homes usually come back alive to bloom another day.

With a little pursuasion and a purchase of 20 to 30 pl;ants I have gotten them actually with tags and not all white but a range of colors. Here is one of them: Dpts Fuller's Sunset "2036" (Phal Taisuco Date x Dtps Chan Xan Queen). I have no idea if it's a quality Phael or not, probably not, but my daughters love it.

Nick

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor