Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pleurothallis sclerophylla

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 12:49

War to cool grower from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru as well as Venezuela, Guyana, French Guiana, Surinam and Brazil, otherwise everywhere in Central and South America. Several inflorescence many flowers on each one, an intern's nightmare, who, with an award winning plant, would have to count the flowers. I grow it cool with plenty of water.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pleurothallis sclerophylla

One inflo.

Nick

o

Posted the wrong photo, this one shows it better.

Nick

o

A close up of the flowers, amazing what a real camera can do.

Nick

o

Very nice. Looks like the flowers are a little furry.
Very healthy looking too.

o

All open, looking good. Since it does make a good display I'll move it into a large basket. 8*' round net pot will be the container. I'll line the walls and floor of it with 1/2" layer of sphagnum moss and then fill the central space with medium sized orchiata bark..The moss keeps the orchiata from spilling out and adds moisture. Since orchiata takes a long time to deteriorate it should be good for a few years like that.

To fill a big pot like that with SM only, makes too much a soppy wet situation. I have tried this method on a few plants now and they seem to like it. I water every 2 days which works well with this.

I have others in large net pots in straight moss, they seem to like that also. I cannot tell which is better but I do know that moss deteriorates and should be changed every year. The orchiata does not, advantage orchiata.

Nick

PS I have a mounted division which has 2 spikes, also open, if someone wants to trade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here