Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhyncholaelia Aristocrat

Posted by picotee_sofl Z10 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 08 at 14:45

A primary hybrid (Rhyncholaelia digbyana x glauca), Rhy Aristocrat is in bloom on my balcony. The 5.5" flower is iridescent and night fragrant. This tops my favorites list and it isn't a spottie. :>)
MarciRhy Aristocrat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhyncholaelia Aristocrat

I like it too! ~Charm

o

Beautiful and elegant - I love the pinkish glaze on the petals! A primary hybrid I'd definitely put on my wishlist!

o

Hmm, what a nice looking hunk! Night fragrance is a major ++.

o

Such a nifty shape and I love the delicate shades of color.

Kevin

o

Marci, just go rub it in. :) What a BEAUTY!

I've had mine for at least three years, and it hasn't bloomed yet, but there is a new growth, and I'm hoping...

Carol

o

A befitting name for this lovely!

o

Very nice. Troy

o

I think that is gorgeous. Beautiful shape and proportion in my uninformed opinion. The frill on the lip reminds me of a peony.

John

o

That's an awesome bloom. Love it!

Sheila :)

o

Glad you all like it, too. I wish the satiny sheen showed up better in the photo. I had planned to bring it to 'Show & Tell' at our OS meeting last night but it faded yesterday morning. Wouldn't you just know it. Orchids!!! Grrrrrr. LOL

Marci

o

So lovely, Marci!

It really is beautiful. The petals remind me of ribbon candy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here