Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lc. Susan Holguin

Posted by aerides z6 Manhattan (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 08 at 15:05

After sleeping half the fall and all winter, I guess she finally got her beauty rest. HID light only. The window is just for natural light for the pics. A second growth is also in early bud.

After keeping well all winter both sheaths developed dark rings at the base. I didn't remember seeing that before so I peeled them back expecting to see rotted buds. Nope. But I had to tie up the spike.

Fragrance sort've like spicey bubblegum.

John :>)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lc. Susan Holguin

Glad your sleeping beauty has awakened. She certainly has a kissable lip and the fragrance sounds yummy. She's a keeper, John! Gorgeous!

Marci

o

I bought that too at a nursery and it didnt look that great ,but kept babying it along. Wasnt even sure what it looked like, but after seeing yours, feel it is worth sticking with. Your pictures are gorgeous and love the colors, thank-you for giving me the hope to keep going with it. Tricia

o

Thanks for the sweet words. I forgot to include the clonal name, "Ramona".

Speaking of color, the yellow in the lip is brighter than the pics show - I tried several settings and a couple of light setups, but it never did really come through.

J

o

Gorgeous flower!! And all the roots all over the place - plants looks so happy
Olya

o

It looks very happy!Gorgeous blooms.~Charm

o

Beautiful bloom with a lovely name!

Carol

o

Wow, John beautiful. I had this plant and it rotted on me over the summer. Never got a flower on it and had it for a few years. Growths would rot on it. Had something I couldn't cure. Always wondered how it would look...what a beauty!

Great photos,

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here