Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Masdevallia Angel Tang

Posted by Greencurls Z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 19:27

This is the first time this orchid has bloomed for me. Hopefully, I can keep it alive so it will bloom again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Masdevallia Angel Tang

I am really enjoying the color and shape.

o

It's lovely. All your "greenery" looks healthy. Good luck.

o

This is the only Masdevallia that I can seem to keep happy enough to bloom. It is blooming for me again.

Masdevallia Angel Tang

Masdevallia Angel Tang

o

Beautiful! I've tried growing these, without any success. Perhaps I'll have to look for this Angel.

o

These "Angel" hybrids are really unusual and special, but are not easy. They do not like extremes of temperature at all. - Ian.

o

I have a Copper Angel and this Angel Tang. The Angel Tang has been pretty tolerant of warmer temps. I keep it about 75 during the day and in the low 60s at night. It keeps maturing growths and blooming. The Copper Angel has not been as agreeable.

This post was edited by Greencurls on Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 10:13

o

Mine is yellow. The parents are M veitchiana x M tonduzii but I suppose different strains can be used. My tag reads veitchiana 'Prince de Galle' x M tonduzii 'Makawao'. Had it at our fall show where it took best of Pleuro asection. Undeserved in my opinion, my Pleuro caspetiosa put on a better display, but then who can question the judges.

Nick

o

Nick - That is interesting. The tag on mine reads the same. Strange that the colors would vary so much.

o

If they are seedlings rather than clones it would explain it. I'll send you a piece of mine if you'll send me a piece of yours. Sounds like 'show me yours, I'll show you mine' games played by 7 year olds.

Nick

o

I was not thinking about seed propagation but that would explain it.

Well I like your yellow one. So I am up for a trade. I hope it is a warmth tolerant as mine.

o

It has the same parents, just that some of the kids look different. I'll email you

Nick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here