Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tucker_sp

Current & recent bloomers

tucker_sp
16 years ago

Greetings, fellow orchid lovers -

I have not been able, because of the old "circumstances beyond my control" to spend as much time on Gardenweb or, indeed, with my plants as I would like lately. Still, I have some things blooming that might interest you. The first three are growing with the philodendron, etc., in the kitchen window, and are shown below:

First, Dendrobium sulcatum:

{{gwi:1108848}}

Second, Lycaste cochleata:

{{gwi:1108849}}

And third, Dendrobium bellatulum - one of the truly ugly orchid plants - the pseudobulbs look like they were regurgitated by an owl - but the flowers are beautiful:

{{gwi:1108850}}

Nice to come in for breakfast and see them in the morning light. The next two are of Oncidium auriferum. There's nothing really exceptional about it - large numbers (about 80) of small, bright yellow, nicely fragrant flowers. The thing is that I've never seen an actual picture of it anywhere.

Whole inflorescence:

{{gwi:1108851}}

Closeup (difficult because the flowers are packed so closely together):

{{gwi:1108852}}

Dendrobium rhodostictum - these flowers opened in late October, so they won't last much longer:

{{gwi:1108853}}

Next, one of my two monster Phaius tancarvilleae (sp.?) plants in front of the living room fireplace. Too many pictures & tchotchkes on the mantel for a good picture:

{{gwi:1108854}}

Phaius closeup:

{{gwi:1108855}}

Finally, Oerstedella calageria - the flowers are no bigger than 1 cm, but it makes up for that by producing lots of them. 1 of 3 inflorescences:

{{gwi:1108856}}

And a closeup:

{{gwi:1108857}}

I hope that a few pictures of orchids not seen on this forum very often will be enjoyed - I certainly enjoy growing them and seeing them in my house.

Tucker

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm