13 years ago

First bloom for this plant.

Comments (9)

• mondoruffo
    13 years ago

stunning

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

(Dum dum duuum...) MrB, may I ask: what are your primary sources for all these lovely Angs?

(Oh, my poor wallet... what a hit you soon may take...)

; )

And of course, what a gorgeous plant and bloom!

• mrbreeze
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My primary source WAS...Hoosiers. This one came from a hobbyist grower who was down-sizing a couple years ago. Other sources are/were: Oakhill, Calorchids, SBOE, EOoM, Malala, the now defunct Countryside Orchids, trades, etc.

The important thing is that the illustrious Anglican jedi knight, Calvin, has (I think) correctly identified that this is the hybrid Ang Suzanne Lecoufle which is made from mauritianum x dryadum. I think it is an improvement.

• xmpraedicta
    13 years ago

Only under the influence of your mastery...may the Angforce be with you. I got my hillerman and holst book today and guess what - it's autographed by the man himself. This is probably the most marvelous thing I've ever held in my hands that wasn't a plant.

• birding_nut
    13 years ago

Very nice! A species (or hybrid) I have never heard of before. Another good source for Angraecoids is Botanica Orchids in Montana. They specialize in Agraecoids and have a breeding program for them...they are interested in their conservation as well.

BN

• mrbreeze
    Original Author
    13 years ago

HaHa! Congrats on getting the book! I told you it was awesome and you would love it. I'd like to get an autographed copy but it would be a bit pricey I'm sure. I think the unsigned copy I got a few years ago remains the most $$$ book i've bought. However they definitely do seem to go through cycles of availability and price. Sometimes three or four are available at once (unsigned).

• xmpraedicta
    13 years ago

I didn't even know it was autographed! It was the cheapest one available on Amazon. I think it is so so awesome, the way he documents his observations kinda like it's a journal or something. It's great...worth every single penny.

I am also getting the plant above...there is a calgary greenhouse that has one left. However, I am paying extraordinary shipping costs because Canada is stupid that way.

• stitzelweller
    13 years ago

MB, With the untimely demise of Bert a few yrs back, is anyone working with Malala now?

Thanks,

--Stitz--

• xmpraedicta
    13 years ago

Stitz - Brenda from Botanica did their second annual import from Malala this year. They sent out a list, so just shoot them an e-mail and they will put you on their mailing list

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County