Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID and Help (again)

Posted by thwebb NY (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 7:33

I bought this orchid a few weeks ago. Can anyone identify it?

It is already starting to show some small signs of distress--small tears in the leaves, new leaf growth seems to have dried up, and the tips of the leaves are brown and dried out.

It is potted in moss, but the moss is unlike the kind I have for my Phalaenopsis--it is more brittle and dries out far more quickly. It is dry within about a day of watering, maybe two.

I have had this one on the same water cycles as the Phal's, which get drenched once a week. Should I up the watering? It is in a south facing window--plenty of light but no direct sunlight.

Thanks!

Image link: ID and Help (again) (19 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID and Help (again)

Maybe you might get a response if you post the question over on discussions. I've got no idea what it is though the leaves say perhaps a Phal. intergeneric but the lip is nothing like a typical Phalaenopsis lip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here