Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blc rustic spots

Posted by shavedmonkey 10b stuart, fl (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 9:21

A frequent bloomer. I love the colors, the ease in which it grows, and the elongated amount of time it is in bloom. There are 5 suedobulbs in different stages of development which adds to the time in bloom. Also the blooms are hardy and long lasting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blc rustic spots

Very nice, sounds like a division itching to be traded.

Nick

o

Very lovely, gorgeous color!

Allymarie

o

Beautiful! I agree with Nick!

Jane

o

The division was taken and a trade happened. Thank you SM.
The little plant wasted no time to bloom, what fantastic work ethics it has. New roots, a flower and I'm sure a new growth will follow after flowering.

Thanks again, Nick

o

Nice going.....

o

That makes it a win win situation. It pleases me that your rustic spots is up and running to your satisfaction. I to enjoy this hard working orchid.

And thanks Nick for promoting the trading idea. The plants you have furnished are happy and growing.

Here is a current bloom from the mother plant...

o

The color appears different. My camera does weird things to red/yellow flowers depending how much light there is. In bright light, red drifts to yellow. I took this picture in relative shade which is probably the reason it appears more red. I don't know if different water quality or different fertilizer can affect color.I know it does in Hydrangeas but these are not Hydrangeas.

Nick

o

Mine do the same. It appears that yours are just opening. I think after a few days the color will change.

o

Nick, did the colors change on the bud in the picture?

o

I don't remember, it's faded now.

Nick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here