Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cjwatson_gw

Phal javanica

cjwatson
14 years ago

This species Phal blooms each year from the same spikes (and adds a new one or two as well). It takes several years for the spikes to elongate enough to peek out from beneath the leaves. For this reason, I grow my plant mounted where I can see the flowers. This year there are three spikes in bloom, two longer than the leaves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phal javanica

Comments (8)

• sambac
    14 years ago

Wow, that is a killer beauty! Pl don't get my head going the wrong way. Researching on a Nikon slr and all the $$ it costs, this hobby has take over me and my head....

• cjwatson
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This photo was taken with a Nikon D40X SLR, which was a mid-priced camera we bought a year or two ago. I am sure there are new and improved versions out there by now.

• sambac
    14 years ago

Should have read 'this hobby has taken over'
    Nevertheless, I am looking at a D60 which has 10.1 mp. The lens that I want costs a whole lot more than the camera body. For some reason, I fell in love with Nikon's more than Canon rebel.

• michoice
    14 years ago

That is a very attractive species, one that I would certainly like to add to my collection. Thanks for showing us.

• Sheila
    14 years ago

Beautiful blooms CJ and fragrant too. Does the plant get large? leafspan?

Sheila :)

• cjwatson
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sheila, my plant has a leafspan of about 8-9" However, someone who pampers their Phals may end up with a bigger plant.

• orrin_h
    14 years ago

Wow Sheila, you must have a great sniffer. I stuck my nose right up to the monitor but I can't smell a thing.

Seriously, gorgeous flowers Carol.

-O-

• Sheila
    14 years ago

Alright -O- enough comment on my sentence structure ;)

Good news on size CJ. Now I just need to find a source.

Sheila :)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting