Dracula hirtzii 'Pul Ys' HCC/AOS
Dracula hirtzii 'Pul Ys' HCC/AOS photo photo6_zps30e581ec.jpg

Masdevallia polysticya (yellow)
Masdevallia polysticya (yellow) photo photo_zpse92f9427.jpg

These photos were sent by Orchidnick.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: orchidnick z9 's Orchids

I'm being shamed into learning how to post. My son will help me,. In the meantime Jane has offered to be the facilitator.

From the top we have:

1) Cynorkis gibbosa. Cool grower from Madagascar, note the mottled leaf, very unusual. I got it from Tropical Orchid Farm but they are sold out. Andy has it.

2) Cypripedium tibeticum. Found in the Chinese Himalayas, Sichuan China, Bhutan, Assam India and the eastern Himalayas at elevations of 2200 to 4500 meters. Comes out of the pot at Thanksgiving and goes into the veggie drawer of the fridge. Valentine Day back into it's pot. This cooling process is called vernalization. Keep it cool and moist the rest of the time. Seems willing.

3) The leaves of Cynorkis gibbosum. Fleshy, rich, one wants to make a salad out of them.

4) Dracula hirtzii 'Pul Y's' HCC/AOS. 13" tip to tip.

5) Masdevallia polysticta, yellow. Ecuagenera has 6 different versions. 3 versions of 'normal', alba, yellow and blue. I like yellow the best.

Thanks, Jane, Nick

o

You have a wonderful collection of, very unusual, orchids.
Also your addition of the history and growing info. is excellent.
Thanks. I hope you will continue to delight, with future posts

o

Nick, I always enjoy you postings and your sense of humor. Now to add pictures is just the icing on the cake. They are all beautiful.

o

Thank you Jane and Dr. Nick for a wonderful treat, looking forward for more to come.

o

Thanks for your kind comments, Titabus, but let's nip this 'Dr Nick' bit in the bud right now. Both my friends and non-friends know me as Nick, much simpler, let's keep it at that.

More pictures coming, hope you won't get tired of them.

Nick

o

I'll never get tired of them, Nick.

o

Score one for guilt trips and shaming! I am glad to get a peek at Nick's collection'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here