Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paph Magic Lantern (delenatii x micranthum)

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 0:13

Grow it in the cool house but it will do well intermediate. A huge flower on a small plant.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paph Magic Lantern (delenatii x micranthum)

Side view. Notice the next bud growing underneath the open flower. This one will bloom several times.

Nick

o

The whole plant. The flower is closer to the camera than the leaves of the plant making it look larger but it is a very large flower on a very small plant. First bloom.

Nick

o

Nick,

It looks a little 'dimpled' for lack of better term. Hopefully the 2nd bud will 'fill out' more. Is it what you expected?

Good growing as always and great pics.

Bob

o

It's what I expected except for the dimpling. I feel just like you, hopefully the second bud won't have it or maybe it will fill out in the next few days.

Nick

o

I like......Very nice.

o

I like......Very nice.

o

Do you have any tips on getting delenatii hybrids like this to bloom? Compared to other paphs do you like to give them more or less light, drop in temperature at night, feeding, or anything else? Do they like a particular growing medium different from other paphs?

I ask because I have success blooming lots of other paphs, but these hybrids are always shy for me. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here