Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dracula Raven (vampira 'Walter' x roezlii 'San Francisco')

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 1:39

A hybrid made by John leathers 8 plus years ago. Won a few awards, one of the blackest Dracula. The camera does not do it justice as it does poorly with black which comes out as a dark brown instead. The flower is black except for the yellow markings. Will attempt to get pictures of the entire flower (in focus) tomorrow.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dracula Raven (vampira 'Walter' x roezlii 'San Francisco')

It has stuck out it's "tongue" :>)

Fantastic looking bloom.

I find it very frustrating not to get the right shades.

You'd think, with digital cameras, it would be easier.

o

Not for black. Here is the whole flower almost in focus.

Nick

o

Finally managed a focused picture of the whole flower. It took all of 4 days to completely spread, it was partly cup shaped before and I thought it was going to be a fault, but this morning it was fully flat and just gorgeous. I don't understand the camera, the picture of the plastic pot shows it to be black. The flower is not that black but much darker than shown. The color of the basket is accurately depicted but not the color of the flower.

Nick

o

Yes, I noticed the black pot too and was amazed.

Never mind, the bloom is still fantastic looking.

And , "third time lucky" for the lovely photo.

o

Spectacular .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here