Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
C leopoldii x C lulu

Posted by picotee_sofl Z10 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 7:34

This C leopoldii 'Albino Cherry' x C Lulu 'Hot Pink' really knocked my socks off. Four gorgeous, very fragrant flowers for a first bloom. This one has gone way up to the top of my favorites list. Mailordered it two years ago because I thought the cross sounded interesting and it more than met my expectations. - Marci

C leopoldii x Lulu cross

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: C leopoldii x C lulu

Once I saw the name of the plant, I knew I really wanted to see the picture! It is an awesome cross, wow
Olya

o

Thanks, Olya, actually I should have posted a shot when the flowers stretched out more. They had just opened in this photo.

Marci

o

• Posted by jank US10 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 15:05

Mmmmmm...mmmm...mmmm!
Strong, but feminine. You sure know how to pick 'em.
Wish we could smell it!
Thanks for sharing,
Jan

o

Gorgeous!....you know I love the spotted ones!~Charm

o

Beautiful!

o

It's so pretty!

o

It is beautiful! Where did you order it from? I love how the pink is not pale and insipid. The spots and the lip are gorgeous.

o

Thanks, folks. Amy - there's nothing insipid about this one. It is vibrant in color, beautiful in form although somewhat leggy and very fragrant. I ordered it from The Orchid Trail. They have a website and Mr. Stanton is a very nice gent. Good luck.

Marci

o

• Posted by paul_ z4/5 MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 7, 08 at 12:14

Excellant!

How large a plant is it?

o

One of the most spectacular orchids I ever saw was a leopoldii cross. It was leopoldii x acklandi. It was in a guy's greenhouse in London and was far too big ever to be exhibited. The scent from this monster - it had about a dozen flowers - was absolutely overwhelming. I haven't checked it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if C.acklandi was in your cross too. Great growing.

o

Paul, at this point the tallest psb is 16" at the top of the leaves.

Ian, I haven't gone back that far in the parentage yet but now that you mention it, I hope it will have aclandiae not too far back - to hopefully keep it from becoming a monster! LOL

o

Marci, you've been busy blooming it seems.... very nice plant, lotsa spotting, on your plant, who'd have thunk it? That lip gives a wonderful contrast... most definitely a keeper.
BTW it is leopoldii time, I have 1 open and the second ready to open.

o

Marci,
Interesting that the picture on The Orchid Trail website doesn't look anything like yours - and I think you definitely got the better outcome.

o

Wow, I love it! Wish we could transmit fragrance. Congrats on blooming another beauty.

Sheila :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here