Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blc. Empress Wolsey & Epicatt. Don Herman

Posted by savtaj (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 08 at 10:01

The flowers just opened out on my most recent acquisition. Blooms are 3.5" in diameter. No discernible fragrance, and don't know if it should have?

Blc. Empress Wolsey

And, to keep it company, here's the first rebloom of this epicatt, acquired mid. February in bloom.

epicatt. 'Don Herman'

My apologies for the less-than-perfect (to say the least) photos!

Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
full name

Sorry, forgot to supply the Blc's full appendage:
Blc. 'Empress Wolsey' "Roman Holiday".
Judy

o
RE: Blc. Empress Wolsey & Epicatt. Don Herman

Judy that BLC is beautiful! I normally don't like the "catts" that are in the purple family perfering reds and yellows but that one takes my breath away! I need to add this one to my collection!

Nice growing!

Larissa

o

Very pretty blooms. Love the lip on the Empress!

o

Very nice. Good work on the rebloom. You must be doing things right!

o

That is very nice, both plants look very healthy. I have the Blc Empress worsley 'Roman Holiday' and it loves to be attached to tree trunks. If you live in a tropical area, Israel may be a bit too cold in winter, but you can try a division on tree that is protected from winter winds and see how it does.

o

Thanks to all of you for your comments.
Larissa: I also prefer red and yellow catts, but they are hard to find here. However, I love purple, too! The Empress is even more purply in real life. There's a faint scent which seems to be a cross between carnations and tart green apples (maybe!)
Ben: No chance of hanging the Empress on a tree, unless I lean out the window of my third floor apartment lol! In any case it gets quite cold here in winter for this latitude (34oN), as we have an elevation of 800 m. I long for a real garden, but have to make do with my indoor orchids and a window-box.
Judy

o

Blooms are gorgeous! Good growing.~Charm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here