Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dendrobium brymerianum

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 11:42

Cool grower from the mountains of India Thailand, Laos Burma and China. q,000 to 2,00 meters, blooms twice a year, fragrant. First bloom on one of the few Dendrobiums that tolerate me.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dendrobium brymerianum

The entire plant. The clay pot is just for stability as the plant is squeezed into a small pot to keep it root bound.

Nick

o

I love that flower - I have had one for several years, but it has never bloomed for me - any suggestions?
Tucker

o

I grow it cool and moist with the Pleuros.

Nick

o

Love the bloom

o

Now all three are open.

o

Do you give this chid a dry winter rest? I have a small one that I hope to bloom next year. Thanks for posting the picture.

o

I try to give it a dryer winter but it gets plenty of water.

o

Opened a few more. I call that a sequential bloomer. Instead of opening all flowers at once it dribbles along. The first batch is beginning to fade, this group opened and it still has unopened buds. It may have 20 odd flowers during this bloom period but never more than 6 or 7 open at the same time. Some like this because there are flowers over a much longer period of time. I prefer them to open all at once for a spectacular display.

Nick

o

Super cool!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here