Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angreceum magdalena,

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Jun 27, 14 at 15:32

This is a lithophytic, monopodial species found in Central Madagascar in areas with a distinct cool, dry season through the winter. It's in the warm GH right now but will spend the winter in the cool GH. Has about 5 groups of flowers but hard to capture more than one set. Nice pristine white.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angreceum magdalena,

One flower.

Nick

o

Another view.

Nick

o

Lovely, but as always, I have to ask: is there any fragrance?

o

Not during the day time but apparently kicks in late to attract the night flying moths with long tongues. I have never gone out there late at night to confirm this.

Nick

o

Beautiful! If it likes cooler and drier through the winter, I might try it. My conditions don't seem to be much good for most angraecoids, with the exception of my old Aeranthes grandiflora, which is blooming now - I'll post a pic.

Tucker

o

Beautiful, I love these plants.

Nick, check it at about 9PM (you must still be up) and you should smell the fragrance. They start smelling shortly after dark.

Jane

o

Even though by 9PM some of my organ systems are nearing shut-down, I'll go out there tonight and let you know tomorrow

Nick

o

Just keep the smeller working...

o

At 10PM, with a few neural synapses still firing, I went out there and was greeted with a nice aroma at the door. Wonderful sweet fragrance.

Nick

o

Thank you Nick, for your dedication, to go out so late.

I hope the fragrance was worth it.

o

It's been blooming off and on. These 2 lined up nicely so I took a picture.

Nick

o

So pretty, Nick. I love these orchids. I just got another and it has one bloom ready to open. They are so easy to grow and are reliable bloomers. Everyone should have a few.

The smell is lovely...outdoors

Jane

o

Just beautiful.

o

I posted this June 27, it's in bloom again with 3 inflos and also had a bloom between then and now. Hard at work.

Nick

o

Can yours tell my angraecums to get to work. That is fantastic. Do you know if it is typical to bloom that frequently?

o

I have had it for years and this is the first time it has ever done this.

Nick

o

Stunning and well bloomed. I need to try this one again.

o

Love these orchids, just got my third one last night from Gold Orchids. He was the speaker at our society meeting. What kind of light do you give yours?

Yours is just beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here