Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angreceum magdalena,

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Jun 27, 14 at 15:32

This is a lithophytic, monopodial species found in Central Madagascar in areas with a distinct cool, dry season through the winter. It's in the warm GH right now but will spend the winter in the cool GH. Has about 5 groups of flowers but hard to capture more than one set. Nice pristine white.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angreceum magdalena,

One flower.

Nick

o

Another view.

Nick

o

Lovely, but as always, I have to ask: is there any fragrance?

o

Not during the day time but apparently kicks in late to attract the night flying moths with long tongues. I have never gone out there late at night to confirm this.

Nick

o

Beautiful! If it likes cooler and drier through the winter, I might try it. My conditions don't seem to be much good for most angraecoids, with the exception of my old Aeranthes grandiflora, which is blooming now - I'll post a pic.

Tucker

o

Beautiful, I love these plants.

Nick, check it at about 9PM (you must still be up) and you should smell the fragrance. They start smelling shortly after dark.

Jane

o

Even though by 9PM some of my organ systems are nearing shut-down, I'll go out there tonight and let you know tomorrow

Nick

o

Just keep the smeller working...

o

At 10PM, with a few neural synapses still firing, I went out there and was greeted with a nice aroma at the door. Wonderful sweet fragrance.

Nick

o

Thank you Nick, for your dedication, to go out so late.

I hope the fragrance was worth it.

o

It's been blooming off and on. These 2 lined up nicely so I took a picture.

Nick

o

So pretty, Nick. I love these orchids. I just got another and it has one bloom ready to open. They are so easy to grow and are reliable bloomers. Everyone should have a few.

The smell is lovely...outdoors

Jane

o

Just beautiful.

o

I posted this June 27, it's in bloom again with 3 inflos and also had a bloom between then and now. Hard at work.

Nick

o

Can yours tell my angraecums to get to work. That is fantastic. Do you know if it is typical to bloom that frequently?

o

I have had it for years and this is the first time it has ever done this.

Nick

o

Stunning and well bloomed. I need to try this one again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here